Saturday 20 April 2013

First post, so let's see how it goes...

Okay, so I've started my own blog because I think I have something to say... Don't we all? I will be talking about what keeps my mind busy and you can read it, bin it, share it, comment on it... or whatever else it is that you can do to/with blogs...

So, what's on my mind today? The march in Stafford to save Stafford Hospital. Not heard about it? +Support Stafford Hospital (on Facebook, pay them a visit if you like) have organised a march to voice their opinion on the fact that the hospital has been put into administration... Yes, it's not just football clubs that this happens to... But the march... 

The organisers are expecting around 40000 people to join the march from Market Square to the Hospital, they have started a thunderclap and are trying to get as many people involved in saving the hospital as possible.
This is not just to save Stafford Hospital but all hospitals in the Mid Staffs area such as, for instance, Cannock Hospital.


If Stafford Hospital were to close, and let's hope it doesn't, the impact on patients could be devastating; just think about the distance people would have to travel to attend appointments or A&E (where every second counts...) Living in the UK, you are probably aware as to why there is talk about the hospital closing. If you are not aware, here is a quick overview:

Due to under-staffing on wards, the hospital hit the news with what was considered to be a very high mortality rate and neglect of patients. Several reports on this have been written, most recently by Sir Robert Francis, and measures have been advised to deal with the issues. Government could not be bothered to address one of the most vital issues (according to the report); under-staffing. But, cleverer people than me have already addressed this and I would like to focus on the positive aspect of all this.

Positive aspect??? Yes!!! An entire community is coming together today at 2 pm to make themselves heard in a country that is currently trying a modern version of a witch hunt...

I am:

And so, this is the end of my first blog... Have a nice day (the sun is shining brightly) and, if you happen to be in Stafford at 2 pm today, join the march... I will be marching in head and heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment